Monday, July 20, 2015

Scrapbooking Without the Mess

I love to make scrapbook pages and before Cecilia came along, I'd make them with actual paper, stickers, die-cutters, a Cricut... the whole nine. Post baby, I don't have the time to dig through all my tools and supplies to make pages the way I used to. Not to mention, clean up is a hassle.

So, I started fiddling around with Photoshop and made some cute and simple digital scrapbooking goodies. It's been about 8 or 9 years since I made anything like that so there was a bit of a learning curve before I got my groove back... once I did though, I was zooming along and made a ton of stuff.

With my new little collection, I started making some pages for Cecilia's first year book. I'm no where near finished but I wanted to share some of our "month by month" pages so far. I plan on making many more with details of her first holidays, family gatherings, play dates, and so on.






I can't wait to add the rest of the pages to complete our album. Instead of doing the standard 12x12 size, I'm printing them off myself on high quality photo paper with the size adjusted to 8x8 and I bought an adorable little turquoise-blue photo album from Hobby Lobby. Some of the pages are divided into four 4x4 squares. I instagram a bunch so I plan on channeling my posts for a lot of our day to day memories I want to add.

I just really love how easy and customizable doing scrapbooking digitally is, not to mention how much cheaper. (I cringe when I think about how much I spent on scrapping stuff over the years!) There's also the added bonus of being able to start over if something doesn't look quite right without wasting paper and embellishments. And then, there's the ability to walk away if Cecilia needs me without worrying about locking away scissors and other random sharp and pointy objects. Anything baby/toddler safe gets extra cool points from me any day!

On a side note, I'm not super tech savvy in some areas but once I can figure how to add some of the elements and blank pages I made to the blog so they can be downloaded for you guys to use, I will definitely do that. I'm going google some fancy-shmancy YouTube tutorials... they save lives, lol.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment